TSC Registration In Kenya 2023 Requirements For ECDE Teachers

Last Updated on November 7, 2022

TSC Registration Requirements For ECDE Teachers

Teachers are registered with the Teachers Service Commission (TSC), which is responsible for the registration, recruitment, dismissal, promotion, or demotion of teachers in Kenya. Teachers who teach at the preschool level are known as Early Childhood Development Education or ECDE.

General Requirements For Registration of Teachers In Kenya

Kenyan Citizens

  • Certificate of Good Conduct
  • Relevant academic and professional certificates from recognized
  • institutions
  • A copy of the Identity Card or Passport
  • Passport photo
  • KRA Pin Certificate
  • Duly filled GP 69 Medical Form and
  • Payment of registration fee;

RELATED: TSC Payslip Online Login

Non-Kenyan Citizen

  • Academic and Professional Certificates and other evidence for
  • registration as a teacher obtained in Kenya or the country of origin
  • Academic and Professional Certificates. NB: Must have been awarded by an accredited foreign institution and equated by the relevant public body in Kenya
  • Certificate of Registration as a teacher or authority to teach in the country of origin
  • A valid Entry / Work Permit issued by the Department of Immigration
  • A valid Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the relevant law enforcement agency in the country of origin
  • Vetting letter from the Ministry of Education (Kenya) and
  • The prescribed fee of Kshs. 1055

NB: All documents must be certified by either a TSC Director or TSC Sub–County Director.

TSC Registration Requirements for ECDE Teachers

Requirements for ECDE teachers are classified into three categories;


  • Minimum of CPE/KCPE plus ECDE Certificate from KNEC.
  • Minimum mean grade D+(plus) at KCSE and ECDE Certificate from KNEC.
  • Minimum mean grade D (plain) at KCSE, KNEC proficiency certificate, ECDE Certificate from KNEC


  • Mean grade C Plain at KCSE and ECDE Certificate from KNEC.
  • Mean grade C+ (plus) and above for University Diploma.


  • Mean grade C+ and above

Leave a Comment