El-Rufai Set To Install CCTVs In Southern Kaduna Amid Killings

Nasir El-Rufai, the Kaduna State Governor has said his administration will install closed-circuit televisions in the southern part of the state as part of efforts to strengthen security forces and restore calm in the crisis-torn communities.

El-Rufai Set To Install CCTVs In Southern Kaduna Amid Killings
Nasir El-Rufai

The governor made this known in a statement after meeting with the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Revd. Supo Ayokunle, and other CAN leaders in Kaduna yesterday.

The statement titled, ‘Let Us Unite to Build a Constituency for Peace in Kaduna State’ partly read, “Since last month, the state government and security agencies have been working to contain an upsurge in violence and needless killings in parts of the state. We are deeply saddened by the loss of lives in a totally unnecessary frenzy of communal attacks, reprisals and revenge.

“While we mourn the dead, our immediate focus remains to stop the cycle of attacks and reprisals. We remain committed to ending the legacy of violence that has blighted the state for 40 years, needlessly taken many lives and curtailed the life chances of others.

“We will continue to support the security agencies to restore calm in the affected communities. Over the last five years, we have invested heavily in the security sector. We have consistently provided vehicles and other logistics support to the security agencies that are deployed in the state.

“We are also addressing the technology side of security, through the procurement of drones, the award of contracts to install CCTVs in phases in Kaduna, Kafanchan and Zaria metropolitan areas, build a command and control centre and establish a forensic laboratory.”

Do you want to be updated as soon as latest news are published?  If yes, then do not fail to Like Our Facebook Page and also Follow Us on Twitter. Thanks for caring and please do well to share this post using the share buttons below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Sowore Reveals Ulterior Motive Behind FG's Hasty Plan To Resume International Flights

Tue Aug 18 , 2020
Former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, has revealed that FG’s announcement to commence international flights from August 29, 2020 is because it was time for their children and wards to return to schools abroad. Sowore, the Publisher of SaharaReporters, said the government does not care about the people. Recall that the […]
Sowore Reveals Ulterior Motive Behind FG's Hasty Plan To Resume International Flights