COVID-19: Prepare For Worse – WHO Warns Africa

The World Health Organization, WHO, has warned African countries to prepare for the worst as coronavirus cases increase in the continent.

COVID-19: Prepare For Worse – WHO Warns Africa
COVID-19: Prepare For Worse – WHO Warns Africa

So far 233 cases of the deadly virus had been registered in sub-Saharan Africa which makes it the least-affected region in a global pandemic.

But, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General, speaking to journalists in a virtual news conference on Wednesday said Africa needs to wake up as official numbers of COVID-19 cases do not likely reflect the full picture.

A few hours ago, Nigeria confirmed five new cases making it eight positive cases of Coronavirus.

The Buhari-led government also placed a travel ban from 13 high-risk countries to curb the spread of the virus.

Tedros warned that numbers of positive cases could scale up quickly if care is not taken.

Tedros said: “Till date more than 200,000 people have been and more than 8,000 killed with Africa as the least affected.

“Africa should wake up,Probably we have undetected cases or unreported cases.

“Even if there truly were no more than 233 cases of the disease in Africa, he warned that that number could scale up quickly.

“In other countries, we have seen how the virus actually accelerates after a certain tipping point, so the best advice for Africa is to prepare for the worst and prepare today

READ ALSO: Ronaldinho ‘Sad and Angry but Smiling’ as He’s Detained In a Paraguayan Prison

“WHO’s recommendation is actually that mass gatherings should be avoided.”

Do you want to be updated as soon as latest news are published?  If yes, then do not fail to Like Our Facebook Page and also Follow Us on Twitter. Thanks for caring and please do well to share this post using the share buttons below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

BREAKING: Appeal Court Rules In Favour Of Ifeanyi Ubah, Returns Him As Senator

Thu Mar 19 , 2020
The Court of Appeal in Abuja today reversed an April 11, 2019 judgment of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), which purported to sack Ifeanyi Ubah as Senator for Anambra South senatorial district. A three-man panel of the court, led by Justice Stephen Adah, was unanimous that […]
Appeal Court Rules In Favour Of Ifeanyi Ubah, Returns Him As Senator

Hot Stories