Asides Lai Mohammed And 2 Other Ministers Who Visited, No One Has Contacted Me Since 2018 – Leah Sharibu’s Father Reveals

Nathan Sharibu, Father of Leah Sharibu who was abducted by Boko Haram alongside over 100 schoolgirls in Dapchi community of Yobe State in February 2018, has blamed the federal government over his daughter’s continous stay in captivity.

No One Has Contacted Me Since 2018 - Leah Sharibu's Father Reveals
Nathan Sharibu

The emotional father of the abducted schoolgirl who spoke to Channels Television in commemoration of his daughter’s two years in captivity on Tuesday February 18, reminded President Buhari of his promise of ensuring that his daughter returns home.

He said;

“It is due to their lapses that my daughter is spending two years in captivity, and there is no assurance up till now.

“I have a special message for him. Mr Buhari, who is the Nigerian President, is a father and he is a grandfather; his administration has assured us the family that they would do their possible best to ensure that my daughter is released.

“He also promised the nation and almost promised the whole world that his administration will do its possible best to ensure that those in captivity are released.

“So, I’m pleading with him now to fulfil his promise; I’m begging him.”

Nathan Sharibu also disclosed that his daughter’s abduction has left his family in distress as his wife has been in and out of hospitals almost every week.

He also said that the Nigerian government is yet to contact him after Minister for Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed and other two ministers visited his family in October 2018.

Nathan added;

“Personally, the Federal Government has not contacted me, except in October 2018 when the Minister for Information and Culture and other two ministers came to my house in Dapchi, to represent the President himself, to condole with us and assured that the administration is doing its possible best to ensure that my daughter returns home safely.

READ ALSO: Why Nigerians Abroad Can’t Vote During General Elections – Speaker Gbajabiamila

“Since then, I did not hear anything from them up till this time, no result at all. I am 100 percent assured that my daughter is still alive and one day, she will come home safely.”

Here is the video below;

Do you want to be updated as soon as latest news are published?  If yes, then do not fail to Like Our Facebook Page and also Follow Us on Twitter. Thanks for caring and please do well to share this post using the share buttons below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Niger Delta Militants Vow to Resume Destruction Of Oil Facilities Over Sack Of David Lyon

Wed Feb 19 , 2020
Niger Delta militants have vowed to resume their destructive activities in the region following the sack of the All Progressives Congress, APC, governor-elect in Bayelsa, David Lyon. The militants said the attacks will resume if Lyon’s mandate is not restored. The threat was contained in a letter on Tuesday by […]
Niger Delta Militants Vow to Resume Destruction Of Oil Facilities Over Sack Of David Lyon